Design a concept for a small hospital that provides a patient-centered healing environment with a near-zero energy impact on the environment while using the latest technology to improve quality and reduce costs.
VISION OF THE TEAM:
- Provide an innovative, technologically advanced safe healthcare environment which ‘thrives’: connecting the art and science of healthcare practice in a community based model of care delivery.
- Architectural design will not only foster new and innovative practice, but help shape it for patients, families and caregivers as well as the community they live in.
- Continuum of illness and wellness encompasses three core domains: architecture, clinical care and process engineering, moving between and throughout the domains.
- Healthcare delivery system incorporates the art and science of patient care, the environment of care and the operations of care.
- A flexible, adaptable + expandable facility with no down time. The site is adaptable to terrain or size.
- A modular 32’ x 32’ structural grid with flexible care neighborhoods that can be used for inpatient or outpatient services.
- An interventional platform. Observation neighborhoods allows for shared departmental output flexibility. Universal rooms & neighborhoods.
- Operating rooms sized to fit multiple modalities and procedures.
- Multiple track ED with flexible units + observation points to reduce wait times, personalize care + reduce staff.
- Multiple devices and locations to access data connected to system. Plug & play modules. Kiosks for check in throughout.