Able to collaborate with clients and peers during all phases of design. This individual needs to be self-motivated and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for facility planning of MHS and VA healthcare projects. Working directly with healthcare leadership and end users to identify and prioritize needs in order to deliver optimum solutions.
- Ability to effectively lead user group meetings and client presentations to identify objectives and formulate options.
- When required, create the Program for Design (PFD) for projects utilizing the government’s Space and Equipment Planning System (SEPS) application. Test the space program against client established parameters that may include existing space and budget.
- Conduct analyses; document results; and develop facility utilization surveys, HC planning studies, and reports as required for agency review and approval within client-expected formats.
- In conjunction with design team members, initiate schematic designs / plans with responsibility for the preparation of presentation drawings and narratives.
- Collaborate with architects, interior designers, and engineering disciplines from concept design through construction, ensuring that solutions meet criteria, incorporate the building system needs, and the PFD requirements.
- Must be legally authorized to work without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree in architecture or interior design with 15+ years of medical planning experience, and an emphasis on MHS and / or VA healthcare design.
- Well versed in the FGI guidelines and MHS and VA planning criteria. HC requirements planning experience a plus.
- Expertise on current trends in healthcare delivery, emerging technology, and the impact of new concepts of patient and staff flow as it relates to medical planning.
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, design sensitivity, and innovation.
- Experience in leading healthcare projects from programming / concept design through construction administration. SEPS training or willingness to accomplish when available required.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with design teams, consultants, and clients.
- Skilled in leadership and management of user group engagements / development of documents.
- Well versed on issues surrounding innovative healthcare strategic planning, master planning, medical equipment impact, and programming.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Bluebeam, and Revit Proficiency.
- This position will require travel to attend client meetings and conduct site visits on Federal Government installations. Must have a U.S. Passport or the ability to obtain one.
- ACHA Accreditation, Expertise in LEAN concepts, and Professional Licensure encouraged.
This position will require travel to attend client meetings and conduct site visits. The candidate must have willingness and ability for air travel, including international travel. Physically able to conduct field surveys in buildings and job sites.
Reports to Director of Planning