Construction Contract Administrator (CCA), while assisting the Project Managers, serves as the primary contact between the Owner and the General Contractor/ Construction Manager during the construction of the project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administer, communicate, and document the activities during the construction contract throughout the construction phase.
- Working knowledge of contract requirements, understand the scope of services during the construction phase, including conditions of the architectural and construction contract.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of construction, good communication skills, experience resolving conflicts, and interface well with the design team to provide clear directions regarding the interpretation of the Contract Documents.
- Interact professionally with those associated with the construction phase of the project including Owners, Architects, General Contractors, as well as local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Independently perform most tasks with instruction concerning the results expected.
- Performs specific site observation tasks such as overall construction progress review, roofing installation, above ceiling punch list reviews, substantial completion punch list review, final completion review to document construction activities therefore must be physically able to climb ladders and scaffolding to accomplish reviews.
- Performs QA/ QC reviews, reviews shop drawings, RFI’s, Change Orders and pay applications, attends pre-installation meetings, performs site observation visits and reports, prepares miscellaneous reports as well as minutes, attends local jurisdiction inspections, and reviews closeout documents including record documents, warranties, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Must be legally authorized to work without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status.
- 5 years’ experience in field observation and project administration
This position will require travel to attend client meetings and conduct site visits. The candidate must have willingness and ability for air travel, including international travel. Physically able to conduct field surveys in buildings and job sites.
Reports to Director of Construction Administration