Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consult, program, plan and coordinate the medical equipment needs of healthcare projects
- Identify possible solutions affecting all areas of medical treatment and processes
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of specific types of medical equipment, cabinetry and casework, and help clients select equipment for their individual healthcare environments.
- Understanding of basic construction terminology and processes (including reading floor plans)
- Prepare design development and contract documents and specifications for technical projects while ensuring compatibility with drawings and technical conditions
- Write technical specifications in compliance with the outline, maintain master specifications, and ensure that specifications represent acceptable standards and existing laws, rules and regulations
- Recommend specifications requirements and content, and oversee the production of completed documents and specifications
- Direct the activities and act as a mentor to other staff members as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status.
- Is self-motivated and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- 5+ years of medical equipment planning experience
- A professional degree from an accredited program
- Individuals with a clinical background involving Nursing, Purchasing, Biomedical Engineering or other Clinical specialties will be given strong consideration
- Significant understanding of medical equipment and the hospital environment
- Proven ability to interact professionally with healthcare clients and design team members
- Knowledge of current Medical Equipment technology
- Excellent customer service skills to develop and maintain relationships
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Access) and Bluebeam.
- Proficiency in Revit
- Experience with Attainia preferred
- Knowledge of FGI (Facilities Guidelines Institute, current edition) Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities
This position will require travel to attend client meetings and conduct site visits. The candidate must have willingness and ability for air travel, including international travel. Physically able to conduct field surveys in buildings and job sites.
Reports to Director of Planning