Job Title: HR Director
Our Vision: Create high performance environments
Responsible for providing strategic leadership by articulating human resources needs and plans to the firm’s leadership. 10-15 years’ human resources experience, including a leadership position with the following required skills:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design, manage, and implement strategic HR initiatives that effectively communicate and are consistent in support of the firm’s vision and strategic plan, as well as the achievement of the firm’s business objectives.
- Function as a business partner to the leaders of the firm and each department regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the firm’s leaders to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital strategic goals.
- Develop employee engagement programs that are aligned with the firm’s culture.
- Identify and create leadership development initiatives, including Associate Program and Future Leader Program.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training and leadership development.
- Create and develop career development programs, career paths and job descriptions at all levels within the firm.
- Advocate for employees while balancing the goals of the firm’s strategic plan.
- Act as an internal coach to senior leadership to help ensure there is consistency across the board throughout the organization.
- Develop and implement cost effective compensation and benefit plans.
- Mange affirmative action program, files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports, and performance evaluation program.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality always.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- This position operates in an office environment, and routinely utilizes office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and printers.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motions, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Proven ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR programs and initiatives.
- Ability to work with leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and programs.
- Proven ability to manage the talent acquisition process.
- Strong understanding and knowledge in HR compliance areas, including federal, state, and local employment law, specifically in Florida.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to trust and be trusted.
- Effective listening skills, the ability to articulate a compelling message, and clarity and conciseness in written and oral presentations.
- Must be able to develop employee trust and act as a confidential resource for the organization.
- Ability to bring credibility to the human resources function through professional qualifications, leadership skills, and on-going professional development.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
- MBA or MA and PHR or SPHR certifications preferred
Reports to: CEO/President