Coordinate with architects, other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical engineering systems, including power distribution, lighting, low-voltage, and fire alarm systems among others.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of discipline specific codes and other building codes.
- Apply practical knowledge and experience.
- Capable of independent decision-making.
- Supervise subordinate personnel, or assist other engineers or designers.
- Meet with the Project Manager to discuss/prepare the design scope, schedule, and budget.
- Estimate discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
- Perform quality assurance on projects.
- Ability to communicate with in house and client parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Additional duties as required.
- Proficient in Autocad and Revit. SKM Dapper/Captor and Visual and/or AGI32 a plus.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel on an airplane, physically able to conduct field surveys in buildings and job sites. Also is able to present proof of legal right to work in the United States