Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer/Designer
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Department Head
Direct Reports: Junior Mechanical Engineers
Our Vision: Create high performance environments
Position Summary/Objective: Provide mechanical engineering services and lead design team members for a variety of clients in various sectors. Coordinate with architects, other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction. Responsible for the total management of specific projects including personnel, quality, client expectations and profitability.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the mechanical design project team for a variety of clients.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Planning, design, & production of mechanical building systems.
- Develop and manage design and construction documents including narratives, flow diagrams, floorplans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules, and calculations.
- Size and specify mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps, etc.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural to create and update drawings and construction documentation.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Design of systems that meet green building standards as required.
- Proactively work on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures.
- Maintain internal and external networks to be informed of new developments in the industry.
- Address questions and issues during construction.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist with business development efforts including proposals, interviews, etc. as needed.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality always.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- This position operates in an office environment, and routinely utilizes office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and printers.
- Work duties also necessitate visits to job sites encountering exposure to outside weather and hazards typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motions, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position requires occasional travel to attend meetings and conduct site visits.
- Minimum of 10-15 years Mechanical Engineering Design (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning [HVAC]) experience with healthcare, education, industrial, and commercial projects. Plumbing and fire protection design experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must be in good standing and without past disciplinary actions.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and PDF Readers (i.e., Bluebeam or Adobe Reader)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize while utilizing time management skills in meeting deadlines
- Loyal, High Degree of Integrity and Honest
- Passionate about Solving Design Challenges and Producing High Quality Designs
- Resilient, Positive Attitude and Collaborative
- Pro-Active, Productive and Ambitious
- Proven leadership skills in the construction industry.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering is preferred but not required
- Licensed engineer in the State of Florida is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is preferred but not required.