Within the first year, the BIM Manager is anticipated to:
- Safeguard the use of BIM through the integration of Revit, VR, Navisworks, Rendering platforms and other 3D design applications
- Lead the development of the project BIM Management Plan (BMP) / Project Execution Plan (PxP)
- Identify goals and objectives for the utilization of BIM
- Monitor the progress from the project initiation to final delivery.
If you are passionate about BIM and interested in working with high level talent, exceptional clients, and on amazing projects, this career opportunity is for you! We encourage you to review the key responsibilities, skill, knowledge and experiences we are looking for the successful candidate to possess.
The successful candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and deadline-oriented firm. RLF is looking for a driven, process minded, team-oriented, dependable who can multi-task, organized, and motivated to do great work.
- Creation, education, training and continuous process improvement of BIM governances and standards including but not limited to:
- Evaluates and develops BIM processes, policies, protocols, and workflows.
- Drives compliance with RLF BIM standards and guidelines.
- Documents and communicates best practices and workflows.
- Coordinates BIM software training for staff and monitors staff BIM experience levels.
- Organizes and leads BIM committee and associated meetings.
- Quality Control (QC) of BIM activities including but not limited to:
- Analyzes, advocates, and governs firm-wide BIM technologies, standards, and guidelines.
- Quality Control (QC) reviews models and content throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones and helps project teams publish BIM deliverable information.
- Perform regular project reviews with project teams to ensure adherence to BIM requirements.
- Research and development of new technologies and technology management including but not limited to:
- Analyzes productivity gains to be made utilizing third party software.
- Vendor management of BIM related technology and technical support.
- Supports interoperability between multiple software applications.
- Participates in firm-wide Digital Design Leadership conferences.
- Coordinates user installation and upgrades of BIM applications.
- Primary point of contact for BIM related troubleshooting incidents and documents resolution efforts.
- Works with the IT Manager in the assessment, and maintenance of the office’s software applications.
- Manages of software and hardware requirements — including licensing renewals and hardware purchasing.
- Management of BIM project work including but not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Project Team in developing a BIM Management Plan (BMP) / Project Execution Plan (PxP) for each project.
- Partners with the Project Manager to set up each project in BIM, including cloud hosted BIM projects.
Additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- 10 years of progressive experience including architectural design development, construction documentation, and detailing on a wide variety of project types.
- 5 years of experience with Autodesk Revit.
- 5 years of experience managing BIM activities in the built environment.
- 3 years of experience driving enterprise-wide processes and standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/365, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Navisworks, BIM360 Design, Bluebeam Revu
Must be able to listen and speak. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer with repetitive finger, hand, and wrist movements required. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Knowledge of integrated architectural and engineering practice.
- Strong technical writing experience
- Ability to work effectively in team environment.
- Experience with project planning and tracking.
- Understanding of the Revit API desirable.
Preferred Software Skills
- Revit Parametric Family creation