Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designing electrical engineering systems, including power distribution, lighting, low-voltage, and fire alarm systems among others.
- Perform engineering calculations including voltage drop, demand load, short circuit, arc flash, among others.
- Knowledge of discipline specific codes and other building codes.
- Apply practical knowledge and experience.
- Capable of independent decision-making.
- Supervise subordinate personnel, or assist other engineers and designers.
- Meet with the Project Manager to discuss/prepare the design scope, schedule, and budget.
- Estimate discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
- Perform quality assurance on projects.
- Ability to communicate with in-house and client parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design.
- Additional duties as required.
- Must be legally authorized to work without sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status.
- 4-Year technical or Engineering degree
- Proficient in Autocad and Revit. SKM Dapper/Captor and Visual and/or AG132 a plus.
This position will require travel to attend client meetings and conduct site visits. The candidate must have willingness and ability for air travel, including international travel. Physically able to conduct field surveys in buildings and job sites.
Reports to Director of Electrical Engineering